Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Get Paid to Speak Tips

 
 
 
Get Paid to Speak Tips: The Value of Memory Devices in Recalling Content


I am one speaker who doesn’t like to stand behind a podium and refer to notes. I usually refer to my notes once or twice during a speech. That’s it.  I do think that checking your notes a couple of times gives the audience the feeling that you are well planned and on course. Constantly referring to them gives the opposite impression.

So how do I recall the content of my talks?  I use memory aids.  Here is an example.  I recently gave a presentation to a group of 600 highschool students on setting and achieving their goals. I jotted down the 6 content points and developed a word based on them. Each letter of my word reminded me of a specific content thread. The word I came up with was READS. R stood for respect and responsibility.  E. for enthusiasm and encouragement. A stood for attitude. D.for desire, drive and determination. S.reminded me of self confidence and self esteem.  Once I knew the word I was off and running. Give it a try. It really works.

For 121 Secrets to Profitable Speaking Visit Here



No comments:

Post a Comment