Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cartoon Humor in Public Speaking


How to Use Cartoon Humor in Public Speaking By Mike Moore

I have been drawing and selling my own cartoons for about 35 years and have used them in just about every speech I’ve ever given. There is something about funny cartoons that captivates an audience and helps a public speaker get a point across quickly and effectively.

For example, I was planning a seminar on the value of appreciation and praise in the workplace when I got the idea for this cartoon. I have a worker standing before a back patting device in his office. For 25 cents you can have this machine give you a much needed pat on the back. The worker is about to receive his pat on the back as he thinks, “ Oh well, it’s a start.”

This specific cartoon helps stimulate discussion on the value of appreciation and praise in the workplace. I encourage you as a speaker to use cartoons in your talks. If you can’t draw them yourself, collect them for use in your speeches. Always try to seek permission from the cartoonist before you use one of their cartoons.

For much more on getting paid to speak get your own  Speaking for Profit and Pleasure System with 6 months FREE personal consultation via email  http://motivationalplus.com/cgi/a/t.cgi?completesystem

52 Motivational Cartoons for speakers

No comments:

Post a Comment